HSTW Ohio Network Trustees Recognition Banners and Awards recognizes outstanding efforts of schools and school leaders in increasing student achievement and raising graduation rates.
Annually, the Trustees:
- Recognize schools and leadership with improved student performance on the Ohio Local Report Card by presenting a banner or other recognition to the local school board, staff and students.
- Sponsor the printing of one or more Best Practice Newsletters showcasing the best practices of select sites in implementing the HSTW or MMGW school improvement framework or key practices
- Sponsor the HSTW NE Ohio Region’s site coordinator awards recognizing one and five years of service.
In 2017, HSTW Ohio Network awarded the following HSTW NE Ohio Region sites with school recognition banners for their performance on the 2016 HSTW or MMGW Student Surveys. The Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) oversees the administration of the surveys to member sites nationwide.
- 2016 HSTW Student Survey was administered to 24,221 seniors in 16 SREB member states
- 2016 MMGW Student Survey was administered to 30,702 eighth-grade students from 242 schools in the SREB MMGW national network
Top Performing HSTW NE Ohio Region Schools that Met or Exceeded All Sites Nationally
High School Sites
Cuyahoga Valley Career Center
Loudonville High School
Northwestern High School
Trumbull Career and Technical Center
Middle School Sites
Brookside Middle School
Harding Middle School
Loudonville Junior High School
Massillon Junior High School
Northwestern Middle School
Youngstown Chaney-STEM V
Youngstown Rayen Early College Middle School